Custom Orthotics Available at The Wellness Studio
How do Orthotics Work?
- Orthotics provide a gentle pressure to your feet, coaxing them back into their proper position, which allows even weight distribution, helps to realign, strengthen and become more stable.
Why Custom Orthotics?
- Custom Orthotics are foot supports that are designed to balance out the biomechanical inefficiencies of your feet & legs.
- Over -the-counter orthotic devises are always available, but everyone has unique feet, so expecting the same type of arch support to work for everyone doesn’t make sense. The best results come from a thorough foot examination, gait analysis and then a cast of your feet to create the custom orthotics. Dr. Kevin Toth is our expert here at The Wellness Studio!
Who benefits from Orthotics
- If you experience arch & heel pain, shin splints, knee pain or are experiencing foot pain on a regular basis, you will benefit. Other areas that pain can be felt are your low back and hips . Jobs that require a lot of standing or walking and if you play sports you may also benefit.
Common Foot Issues
- Plantar Fasciitis – This happens when the band of tissue located at the bottom of the foot is overstretched or overloaded. Pain is usually felt underneath the heel.
- Hammertoes – This condition occurs when the toes are forced to grip because the foot can’t maintain balance. Sometimes one or more toes can curl or buckle at the joints. Pain is typically felt at the joints, especially when wearing shoes or boots.
- Knee misalignment – This may happed for a number of reasons that include flat feet which causes stress on the knee. Serious knee injuries from sports or accidents also cause knee misalignment. Pain is often felt in the knee, lower back or hip.
- Foot Misalignment – When this happens, the entire body weight can rest on the feet, which causes spinal misalignment and discomfort. It’ not uncommon to find your shoes wearing out unevenly when you have this condition
- Bunions – These are formed from calcium build up that results in unnatural bone formation. The appearance is of the big toe or small being bent in toward to other toes.
- Sciatic Nerve – Pain in the sciatic nerve is often caused by over-pronation which results in pain that radiates through the buttocks and sometimes all the way down the thighs.
Orthotics & Health Insurance
- If interested in obtaining a pair of custom orthotics, check with your insurance provider to see if you have coverage and if you require a Medical Doctor’s note to obtain them.
- Give us a call and we will book you in with Dr. Kevin to do a Gait Analysis and Casting of your feet. And get you walking at your best!
November 24th is our Orthotic Casting & Sale Day! Ask us for details